Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Khumbathang, District Kargil
JNV Khumbathang, Distt. Kargil (J&K) which has been established in the year 1988 at Khumbathang about 22 KMs from the District Headquarter Baroo. Surrounded by the hills with lush green plants on the banks of Suru River, the vidyalaya presents very beautiful scene. The vidyalaya offers co-education from VI to XII level having both Science & Humanities streams at senior secondary classes having well equipped Computer, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Geography labs alongwith rich library and smart classroom.
Notification of Admission in Class-IX (2018-19) against vacant seats
- Selection through entrance test at VIth and IXth standard.
- Providing good quality modern education.
- Free Board and lodging.
- Inculcating values and environment awareness.
- Provision of TAL (Technology Aided Learning).
- Promoting national integration through migration.
- Trend setters through pace setting activities.
- To provide high quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children predominantly from rural areas.
- To ensure that students attain level of competency in three languages.
- To promote National Integration through migration of students from Hindi to non- Hindi speaking States and vice-versa.
- To serve in each district as focal point for improvement of quality of school education through sharing of experiences and facilities.